Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2007

First Love Never Dies

I was just thinking about the first video film I ever watched, it was Hawk the slayer and it was at a friends hoose who could afford such extravagant top loading hi-tech machines known as a video recorder. Fuck they were expensive, TVs only had 3 channels back then and there was nothing on after midnight.

You'd have children just so you would have a human remote control to get up and push the big clunky buttons. One of the channels was BBC2 which only showed crap so you'd be doon to two choices.
That same friend with the video recorder exposed me to all things Ninja in years to come, the America Ninja series taught me to hate. Eventually Radio Rentals made it possible for me to rent my own VHS machine in the late 80's, by then we had 4 TV channels, ah the choice was too great.

John Terry who played Hawk the slayer recently played Jack's drunken surgeon father on Lost, I didn't know that until I did this post.

I still haven't gotten over the phasing out of records and now VHS is vanishing, fuck the rain forest and the whale, save the video.

Do any of you cunts remember yer first video?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 mbelonok | Blogger.com