Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

There Is No 'I' In Nerd, But There Is In Meat Pie.



Just over 20 years ago I got into these things called comic books, I had 2 subscriptions, for Warrior and 2000AD , now and then I'd buy one that had DareDevil on the front and Captain Britain on the back, who the Hell has heard of Captain Britain? he finally got his own magazine so I subscribed to that and broke up with DareDevil .I sometimes got the odd Marvel mag for the X-men but the quality wasn't very good, can you not colour inside the lines ya tards? towards the end of my Captain Britain subscription Fuckvel er I mean Marvel bought it out, I eagerly waited to see what would happen and then I received a cheque for £5.00, I'd rather have the comic but it was the coolest cheque I had ever seen, full of the famous Marvel superheroes, I put it in a frame and hung it on my wall, fuck off, I'm Scottish, I cashed that bastard as soon as I could, now don't no smart arse go telling me that some Trekkie would of bought it off me for £10.00 if I had of kept it.
Marvel did their usual hack job, having been used to quality I now got shite and so I lost touch with the Captain, we send cards at Christmas but are now just strangers.


Captain Britain



Speaking of Quality, in the three comics I got, Alan Moore (pictured above) and Alan Davis did some Art and Writing, those guys are my heroes, not on the same level as Winston Churchill or Jack Palance but still on the list. I'd forgotten all about Warrior until they were making that V for Vendetta film, that came from Warrior.

Where are all the pensioner SuperHeroes? now don't give me that crap about low sales and a target audience, the SuperHeroes haven't got older, they've got younger, they call them 'ultimate' and the art is crap, a teen soap opera, and also the Teen Titans, no offense to any young dumb and full of cum Teenagers out there but Teens are as thick as pig shit, they can't stop themselves from getting erections never mind stopping an evil villain, they would face a tiny bit of adversity and say, "that's not fair" as they fly off in a sulk.
Heres what I said to Super Mall Girl.
"With great power comes great responsibility", she sighed rolled her eyes and said, "like whatever".


Update

I had a little trouble with the link for the X- men, hopefully it won't disappoint and if I hear anyone say," whats an old Scotsman doing reading comics shouldn't you be out crofting sheep?" why I'll beat you to death with my wooden leg. I also read the Dandy and the Beano but to be honest they were quite lame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 mbelonok | Blogger.com