Pages

Monday, December 4, 2006

Irish Stew In The Name Of The Law.

"Won't you have some cake, Father? It's got cocaine in it. Oh no, hang on, it's not cocaine, is it. What do I mean now? - the little things... Raisins! "

This is a tribute of sorts to the Irish. Now I've slagged them off without mercy in the past and though it was much deserved, due to their booming economy I may end up some day being sold to one of the muck savages.

I know that a lot of my people in ancient times came from Ireland when the dirty foreigners invaded, I try to forget that fact and go for the popular version that God created Adam and Eve the first Protestants that then moved to Scotland for the fine food, lovely weather and the Income Support from the English.

Being a Scottish Bitter Balls with my fair share of Ulster Blood flowing in my veins I eyed the Irish with suspicion, then again who didn't I eye with suspicion ? have you seen that fellow Jagd Kunst that comments here ? shifty, very shifty.
Then I did the unimaginable, I met some. Different from the Ulster - Scots in attitude and not wound up tight ready to work or fight at the drop of a hat but more laid back . They'll do the work but in their own fucking time, this can be seen by some to be lazy but its more like showing respect or not.
As a young soldier I had some Irish lads in my regiment, no doubt there to get the free training from the British so they could join the IRA (Irish Republican Army, cowardly murdering terrorists to you) at a later date.
You've seen the movies were the corporals with their peaked caps pulled doon so they look doon their noses at everyone get in the soldier's face as he stands to attention and shouts a tirade of abuse at the young soldier putting the fear of God into him and everyone else.
Well there is always one that cannot keep a straight face, maybe he or someone near by let off a fart, always worth a laugh and risking death for. One Irish lad started to smirk, the Corporal zoomed in on him screaming abuse and ordering him to do 50 pushups, the Irish lad with still a relaxed demeanor and a calm voice said, " its a sad day when a soldier can't smile", though stupid as pig shit his cheerful defiance earned him my respect, he ended up with more than 50 pushups that day.

I have never gotten to know Irish weemen that well, still time for this old dog I hope, what I've found those I've met to be is quick witted, funny and strong, the backbone of the family type.

Getting back to the men I've noticed that many of them are similar to Jimmy Rabbitte the character from the film The Commitments , not the personality but the looks and body language, he has become my definitive Irish lad.

Jimmy Rabbitte (Robert Arkins) seen here with Eva Lungeria while making the Irish version of Desperate Housewives called, Horny Fishwives.

In The Commitments Jimmy Rabbitte said that the Irish were the blacks of Europe, was this a self fulfilling prophecy? now with the current talk of apologies for the Irish famine and for slavery from the British government anyone with a glass of Guinness and a vague Irish connection (98% of America) is beating their chests and talking about 400 years of oppression from the white man. I don't hear any apologies for Daniel O'Donnell, Terry Wogan or Graham fucking Norton, who should have retired after Father Ted.

Not counting the Irish Nationalists that support the IRA and all the shite that it entails the Irish are a friendly easy going people that for the most don't give a shit. Now they have the Slav immigrants to do all the work for them so they can now live in their caravans and fondle Leprechauns as they do. I've watched Glenroe so I know what the Irish are like.

I love you Biddy.

Now for the first time people are immigrating to Ireland to live, what a strange world we live in, at least the Welsh are still below us Scots in the pecking order of Europe, can't see that changing.

This is my view taken from my experiences, if you have another opinion, you're obviously insane so fuck off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 mbelonok | Blogger.com